UA Builders employs a staff of over 200, including project managers, estimators, BIM specialists, and site personnel with engineering, architectural, accounting, and computer science expertise. The firm offers a complete range of services, from site selection analysis to constructability reviews, interior fit-outs, new ground-up construction, and building infrastructure upgrade.
The Construction Estimator will be responsible for preparing complete, accurate estimates for all contract types (lump sum, time and material, etc.).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare detailed accurate material, labor, equipment, subcontracts, construction facilities, etc. estimates
- Foster relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Attend on-site pre-bid/proposal conferences and site visits
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and accept, review, and analyze subcontractor quotes for best value
- Prepare project bid status reports and ensure compliance with all specifications and contract Statements of Work and Bid Invitations.
- Present cost estimates to meet customer proposals, providing consideration for general and special conditions
- Prepare scope specifications and requirements, prepare and inputs project schedules, perform quantity takeoffs, prepare cost summary sheets, and input quantities into estimating software
- Maintain an accurate, current database cost codes of accounts for historical data Review Company jobs and compare on a timely basis to as-sold estimates to confirm accuracy of estimate.
- Utilize the appropriate company and industry historical data for pricing estimates
Qualifications & Skills
- 3-10 years Construction Estimating experience
- Advanced project estimator skills that include performing engineering calculations, being conversant in engineering nomenclature to effectively communicate with Project Managers and vendors
- Experience with Planswift or other estimating / take off software
- MUST BE PROFICIENT IN EXCEL, and MICROSOFT OFFICE in general.
- Must understand how to read Auto Cad drawings
- Must be knowledgeable with construction tenant improvement work in general
- Must understand systems flow and process from design to delivery
- Must be able to create and maintain a steady, high level of production while working on multiple jobs at the same time and delivering all jobs on schedule.
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree - in Building Construction or related field strongly preferred
Benefits + Perks
Benefits include - Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, PTO, 401K, and professional development.
Perks include - Working in the WeWork LIC, NY office, snacks, happy hours.